The main differences this year are due to the online nature of the event.
Please familiarise yourself with these policies and the conduct guide before attending the event.
- All individuals participating in Conpulsion events are required to have a valid ticket. In addition, please take time to read the platform usage policies.
- The event organisers reserve the right to refuse entry.
Game and Event Policy
- While the organisers make every effort to ensure that information on the website and in the programme is accurate, on occasion events may have to be modified or cancelled at short notice for reasons beyond their control.
- In the event of inadvertent over booking, people who have pre-booked events or games will have priority over those booking on the day.
- If you do not report punctually for an event or game you have signed up for, then the event host may decide you have forfeited your booking. In this case they may choose to allow someone else to fill your slot. If you are not sure where you need to be or when please speak to an event organiser (red shirts) or volunteer (blue shirts).
- Organisers, Judges’ and GMs’ decisions are final, please treat them with respect.
- Games at Conpulsion will not incur additional costs over the price of entry, except where entrants need to purchase materials to play them (drafting tournaments etc).
- If you are unable to attend, refunds, minus booking fees, are available up to 28 days in advance of the event.
- You are also able to transfer your ticket to another person up to 14 days in advance of the event. To do so you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticket number, your name, the email address you registered your ticket with, the name of the person you are transferring your ticket to, and the email address of the person you are transferring your ticket to.
- If you do not attend Conpulsion, no refund will be available and we will not be liable for incidental costs incurred attending Conpulsion.
- GEAS is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable experience for everyone who attends Conpulsion. Any kind of behaviour that is perceived as threatening or disturbing, including, but not limited to, unwelcome attention, verbal harassment and unwelcome physical contact will not be tolerated.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the committee immediately.
- All reports will be recorded and the Chairperson will be informed. The committee will discuss the situation internally, as well as with any relevant parties, and a decision will then be made on what, if any, action is to be taken. All reports of harassment will be passed to the GEAS committee for recording and for any further action that is required.
- Individuals violating these rules may be sanctioned at the discretion of the event committee. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to expulsion from the event, or, in consultation with the GEAS committee, bans from GEAS events.
- This acts as an addendum to the the GEAS harassment policy which can be found here.
- Conpulsion is positive about diversity and will not tolerate unfair discrimination on grounds of gender, sexuality, race, personal belief, disability, age or other protected characteristic. A small number of games may have an age limit due to the nature of their content.
- Anyone found to be unfairly discriminating may be sanctioned at the discretion of the event committee. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to expulsion from the event, or, in consultation with the GEAS committee, bans from GEAS events.
Child Protection Policy
- While Conpulsion makes every effort to ensure a safe environment for children under 18, parents and guardians must take sole responsibility for their children as Conpulsion does not have qualified or vetted carers available.
Lost, Damaged and Stolen Property
- Conpulsion accepts no responsibility or liability for your personal belongings. Please ensure you keep them safe. As this applies even at online events.
Conpulsion will not pass your personal details to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Form submission (including ticket and T-shirt purchase) is handled by Google Forms, therefore when you complete a form or poll you will be passing information to Google as well as Conpulsion
- When you buy tickets or T-shirts, the sale involves 3rd parties for the provision as such you will be passing information to these suppliers as well as Conpulsion.
- We may use Mailchimp for our newsletters so signing up for newsletters will mean you are passing information to Mailchimp as well as Conpulsion. If you sign up for information newsletters you may unsubscribe at any time.
- When you sign up for games your name will be on sign-up sheets visible to the Committee and the GM of the game you have signed up for.
- The names of GMs, guests, traders and those running other events will be publicised on the website
- We may contact you in advance of the Convention if we require additional information from you or need to resolve an issue.
- We will not sell your details to others.
Photography and Filming
- From time to time there may be people filming or photographing the convention for publicity or other authorised purposes.
- Authorised persons will have Conpulsion Press Passes and permission form the Committee.
- If you are being interview or photographed directly then you should be provided with a release form.