Our partner charity for Conpulsion 2023 will be Edinburgh Rape Crisis Center.
Established in 1978, Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre (ERCC) offers free and confidential emotional and practical support, information and advocacy in Edinburgh, East and Midlothian. We provide support to women, all members of the trans community, non-binary people and young people aged 12-18 who have experienced sexual violence at any time in their lives. This includes rape, sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse and commercial sexual exploitation.
ERCC works to empower survivors of sexual violence ,change attitudes about gender based violence and advocate for change. Our prevention project delivers free sexual violence prevention education to 11–25 year olds in schools and other youth settings across Edinburgh and the Lothians.
ERCC offers a range of specialist support services:
• One-to-one support
• Group support
• Support following a recent rape or sexual assault
• Advocacy support throughout the criminal justice process
• STAR service for young people aged 12 – 18
• Student survivors project
• SIA project for survivors from black and minority ethnic backgrounds
• Outreach support in East Lothian and Midlothian
• Support for family, friends and partners
All our support and information services are free and any contribution you can make will help us to keep supporting survivors of rape and sexual abuse.